There is only 1 sanctuary in Kelantan namely Jeram Mengaji Freshwater Fish Sanctuary.
- Jeram Mengaji area was created by Pasir Puteh District Council as a recreational place starting in 2005.
- The management of this cascade has been transferred to Jeram Mengaji Agro Resort starting in 2017 and the Department of Fisheries Malaysia has created a fish sanctuary area in Jeram Mengaji in 2018.
- The most common species of fish in the cascade are Copper Mahseer and Mahseer.
- The Department of Fisheries has made a release of 6,000 Copper Mahseer and 1,000 Mahseer starting from 2018 until now.
- This sanctuary is located in the Chabang Tongkat Forest Reserve which has an area of 124,982 hectares. The forest reserve is one of the forest conservation areas included in the Central Forest Spine (CFS).
- The Kelantan Fisheries Office has created a sanctuary operating room at Jeram Mengaji Agro Resort (JMAR) to jointly maintain and monitor the sanctuary area. Daily monitoring is done by JMAR staff while weekly monitoring is done by Pasir Puteh District Fisheries Office staff.