Currently there is only one sanctuary in the state of Perlis, namely the Timah Tasoh Freshwater Fish Sanctuary located in Padang Besar, Kangar, Perlis.
- Timah Tasoh Freshwater Fish Sanctuary is an initiative of the Timah Tasoh inland fishermen community to boost the tourism sector in Perlis.
- The sanctuary area belongs to the Perlis State Drainage and Drainage Department.
- This sanctuary is under the supervision of the Department of Fisheries Kedah.
- This sanctuary was inaugurated by Y.B. Tuan Ahmad Bakri Bin Dato ‘Ali, Perlis State Agriculture Exco on 4 May 2017.
- This sanctuary is located at Timah Tasoh Dam about 16 km from Kangar, Perlis.
- The area of the sanctuary is about 3 acres.
- It is the focus of inland fishermen in the state of Perlis, which includes a total of 30 full-time inland fishermen and 18 part-time inland fishermen. 19 of the full-time inland fishermen are recipients of Inland Fishermen’s Living Allowance (ESHND).